Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi there, my family financial situation is relatively stable, they have set aside funds for futhering my stdies but I already view myself as a mature adult so I feel bad burdening my parents with this responsibility.

Have strong interests in the aerospace industry, but I don't really see myself as an LAE or to be or an a.craft technician. Other non-technical positions comes largely from CAAS and CAG and it's no secret they value scholars and local uni grads much much more. So that explains why I feel very lost now at this juncture.

I personally feel that working full-time while studying at night is a very viable option and it's also important to find a job that tallies with the degree that I will choose to study, otherwise it will come to naught.
If you are interested to work in CAAS or CAG then I suggest you just apply and see if they are interested in giving you a job first before taking up any study commitments.

Honestly I think your chances are very slim as they most likely are not interested in a 25 year old diploma fresh grad to do entry level non-exec generic jobs. And I strongly doubt buying a part time degree will help you in these 2 places either.

Bottom line is try to find a job, get to know the industry & real situation before doing something rash like studying again. Your main challenge is too old for fresh diploma, so you need to actually try to get yourself into the workforce first and see what are your options. You might find in the end you need to start off from some SME first and career path will be very different also.