Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2015, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Hi currently 25 fresh grad from Singapore Poly with dip in mech engine. Don't see myself in the engineering sector and would want to equip myself with a degree from another sector.

I also seek your opinions regarding whether to pursue full time or part time studies. As I'm a late bloomer upon completion of full time studies I would be 28-29 and I'm old for a fresh grad without experience.

At the same time also considering working on a full time basis while completing a part time degree, as I really feel guilty burdening my parents at such a mature age already, I would be able to earn my own pocket money, build up some savings and also help my parents with the fees.

If I'm doing full time, will get a casual part time working maybe once or twice a week to earn some money, but the negative is it's not real work experience.

Upon completion of the part time degree, I would also have at least 3 years of working experience and I should be able to transition to a better job probably within the same industry much easily.

Look forward to your thoughts and opinions.