Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice / Opinions needed
View Single Post
Old 13-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you all are just typical losers who are jealous of ts & trying to say negative things to put him down. lots of sim grads succeed in the end and end up scholars and ivy leagues become their subordinates. to ts i say dont give up and ignore all this people who are just trying to be as$hole because they want to eliminate competition.
I have made a comment before about the possibility of bashing and etc in this platform and since TS has decide to discuss his/here problem here.

For me, I dont really care because we are in different industry and I am not interested in finance field. Yes is true that a lot of sim grad succeed and I personally dont discriminate sim, nus, sit and etc, to me all are the same.

However, competition is really tough and no one say 100% TS cant get in, but they just say nearly impossible. Of course, never try never know. But TS has tried and he/she already knew the outcome already, since TS already said it him/herself that his resume might not even go through HR.

TS already answer his/her question, so the problem is what's next? I am also an average working adult, with no wonderful results and etc, but it is important to plan well, especially coming out with alternative route in order to reach TS goal.

MA certainly is one of the route to maybe becoming a director or something, but there are many other ways to get there as well. Depending if TS has the hunger to reach the goal. If TS is really passionate about reaching his/her goal, TS should have alternative plan rather than keep aiming for a single route again and again right until he/she missed all the other opportunities.

Also, TS main concern is his/her future progression after he/she got his/her degree. So I would suggest that TS talking to the manager to understand the possible opportunity for TS.

Also I dont think anyone belittle sim, but they just say that there would be people with ivy league degree competing with TS (maybe for some yes). but the main thing is to highlight to TS that seek for another path, dont die die bang on a single path, it will only bring u down