Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIA accountant / assistant manager salary
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
work culture is like a typical GLC. hierarchical and be prepared to write a lot of papers. back then the best perk was economy travel to any SQ destination every year for yourself and immediate family, but that's nothing compared to your older subordinates who are under the old scheme that was a first class ticket to any SQ destination for the family. (good luck on the income tax though) progression is slow... expect to take at least 10-15 years to get to a real departmental manager (with 3-4 layers of reporting structure) level. bonus 3-6 months, not sure if you can call that "not that great". you're right about the 3 months notice period at the executive level.

not sure about big 4 as i was not in the finance side... undoubtedly SQ group was a good place for me to start my career and no regrets!
Unfortunately things have changed a lot since you left and ever since change of CEO.

Nowadays much easier to get promoted, but the pay progression is just as slow. All the HR do is to bring down all the criteria required for each promotion. Now there are a lot of managers that are 5-6 years exp only, but the manager pay is about equal to last time senior exec or AM.

As for bonus, haha for average performer no more 6 months already for the past few years. Most people 2-3 mths bonus (exc aws) is to be expected.

The free SQ tickets are no longer appealing as first you need to pay tax on it, secondly now with budget airlines flying further and further, a free ticket for the family is not really seen as very magical or what.