Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 03:12 PM

lazyplane is on a distinguished road

It is the same few people posting.. and same few people replying.

Also, dont you think it is odd so many people are asking "how am i doing" yet posting incomes/networth that are astronomical ?

A simple statistic search of Singapore gov databases will give you an idea ..and if you dont believe in gov databases, then go build your own to validate ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all,

I'm a young professional and have been following this thread for some time now. I'm just curious as to why so many of the replies as quoted above seem to harbour a similar theme of downgrading to HDB upon retirement to generate cash flow to invest in revenue-generating assets.

I am not sure if it is the same person providing this advice, and I am by no means an expert on the matter, but realistically, how many people (especially in Singapore) will feel comfortable downgrading after so many years of working, saving and financial planning to afford private housing, only to retire and have to downgrade to public housing? Further, how many of them would sell their home and move to a 3rd world country like Thailand/JB just so they can convert SGD to the local currency and feel rich? These ideas seem really ridiculous and careless to me, which is why I am asking if anyone actually does and if so, are you really happy?

I mean, the ones who have paid up private housing in Singapore will probably have life insurance and reasonably large nest eggs in CPF anyway, not to mention their cash reserves are probably already being used to produce income from stocks/FD/etc..

Will be happy to debate the issue and see what you guys think of this.. Thanks!