Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career advice for fresh grad
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Verified Member

bookwormm is on a distinguished road
Default Career advice for fresh grad

Just graduated this year with an nus econs degree and I am currently applying for jobs. I have been applying mostly to banks for the positions that I am keen in (securities, fx related) but the dilemma here is that I cannot relate how can I perform in other job functions in the bank. Perhaps due to my ignorance, I fail to see the vast opportunities that lies ahead?

There are a few job recruiters that offered me contractual jobs (not an issue), but those are IT/ admin work. Not that I belittle IT jobs, the issue is that I believe my knowledge on VBA/ programming will not satisfy the job itself since the course I had taken was a add on to my diploma back then. Moreover I really wish to utilise something related to my major rather than to revert back to where I came from.

As for now I am really keen to learn more about the securities/ fx side of the business and I don't mind taking on any related internship/ apprenticeship. The bank letter is here and seems like time is not on my side, can fellow forumers drop this greenhorn some career advice.