Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

I'm actually not any better also.

I'm a 28 yrs old science degree holder(pass with merit). Work for 6 years in the private sector. Currently earning only $3.8k per mth. If include bonuses and AWS, my annual income is about $62k for this yr.

My gross pay seems v little as compared to pple in the civil service.. Saw some posting, there are civil servants who earn $4.5k to $5k after working a few yrs. hmm.. I actually tried applying for civil service job in 2006/2007 and was accepted. However I was given a low starting pay of $2.9k and need to work shifts during weekends and evenings. Basic pay without shift allowance is only $2.5k. Even when I apply for teaching, they only offered me $2.5k. So decided to stay with current job.

Wonder when can i even earn $5k per mth? Seems so far to reach... After looking at this forum, was wondering whether I can try applying for civil service job again.. The pay scale seems much better than before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are severely underpaid. Fresh grad females 2nd upper would get ~$2.8k for civil service.
Assuming you are female and considering you have 13 years experience, you would be mid 30s? $3.3k is way below your peers =(