Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Do Trading Course actually work ?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 10:54 AM

lazyplane is on a distinguished road

Wow. I am impressed. You determined that i am a noob because of which statement ?

Anyway, since i started this thread, i want it to be more constructive. I read most posts here and i find that they are not constructive and usually filled with personal remarks so that a reader cannot make good use of the information given. Hope that things can change and i will strive to provide sincere advice without the personal element for those who really need it. (and if i fail, let me know and i will give you my apologies) . That is also one reason why i decided to move from unregistered status in this forum so i can be accountable for my words. ok, enough about my convictions.

Back to your post and point on investing in crisis which is similiar to gabriel yap. Can you share your key assumptions ?

My questions are :

1. Do you invest in large cap companies during crisis or small cap ones ?

2. And during crisis, do you favour any sector speciality for the rebound? Hard commodities like oil and gas, metals , or maybe tech , finance etc ?

3. You seem to also favour the warren buffet approach of LT view of companies. If so, then your trading strategy is strategic investment bet style.

4. Care to share what is your worst investment ?

Ok, by the way, i am keen to know more about really short term trading? Less than a week timeframe of holding.

Those who do, please share , and maybe let's see if we want to start a separate post on technical trading if more are interested.

Again, the purpose of this thread will be to also determine if trading courses do work ?

Is it really just down to luck to be a good trader ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How many companies have gone bust? They are usually the ones into "special areas".

To play safe, you can always trade the STI component stocks or blue chips. I've made over 100% profit in the last crisis trading them ("trade" as in medium term trading, not "in and out" trading). Of course, you can always cite CSM and Creative as bad examples, but for every CSM or Creative there are countless other very profitable stocks.

I can tell that you are a noob. You need to read widely and monitor the market closely with an open mind. Study the big charts, study the 10-year history (if you ask me, I don't trust short term technical analysis).

Don't waste time on seminars. They won't help much - they'll only enrich the self-proclaimed "gurus". Your time could be better spent reading and monitoring the market. I used to waste a lot of time reading about the seminars, their ads, their trainers, attending their "free" previews, and wondering why they do it, how they do it, are they for real, etc. It's a waste of my time. Or maybe not - I can become a seminar guy one day too!

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app