Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Banks' Pay and Bonuses
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Also if given offer in IB & O&G at the same time, any grad with half a brain will join IB. Dun try & talk down just because you cmi
Why is that the case?

And see the funny thing is, I wasn't even talking down to anyone. I have already stated quite clearly that some people don't apply to banks. For some reason or another, it's not their cup of tea. So it's self selection at play. But you can't seem to wrestle around this simple logic and see it as IB vs O&G (or some other industry). How dull are you?

But anyway, from your remarks, I know you're most certainly not working in FO banking. Because you don't know how taxing it is, and how it isn't a preferred lifestyle choice for many. Why do you assume everyone wants to join? Maybe some can't take it? Maybe some don't want to? I am speaking on a neutral front here as someone who has gone through the grind.

Unlike you, I don't simply parrot off what other people say. You might wish to sell yourself for $$$ but others might not, does that answer your question?

And for the record, I don't have to work in BB FO to be somebody. Please lah, there are elite boutiques like Lazard and Blackstone which are much more favorable. Don't speak as though you're an insider-- you sound so daft hahahah