Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - DBS Management Associate Program
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamau View Post
That means no overseas experience for DBS MA? I think going out of the home country is really important. Even DBS HQ is in SG, the system in other countries would be very different! It would be good to experience other working culture as well as establishing network with other potential colleagues overseas
if i didnt read it wrongly, your first comment was focused on whether there would be an initial overseas training programme for the MAs of different banks, and not whether there would be any overseas experience in general for the MAs. i think there's quite a subtle difference between the two.

because going by the latter, there're practically no banks that make it mandatory for their MAs (or Young bankers) to have overseas experience, other than the initial training programme. for example, other than the very short one week in KL, OCBC's young bankers are domiciled in Singapore, and Singapore only.

in general, unless there is a departmental requirement or you displayed exceptional performance that the senior management earmarks you even among your fellow MAs, i dont think there will be any mandated form of overseas posting in any of the banks