Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How do I fare, and what should I do?
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2010, 08:06 AM

twentysix is on a distinguished road
Default How do I fare, and what should I do?

Before I begin I'll like to disclaim that I am not here to brag (but if I do sound braggy I'm probably just a little proud of myself) and all info entered here are genuine.

I am 26 single and am currently receiving income (stable now) of e-Commerce businesses of $23K/month. I had about $250K cash which I recently invested in a brick-and-motar business generating $10K profits per month (little you might think but the cash turned into assets). I work only about 1 hour/day overseeing operations as I have 3 staffs working for me.

I live with my family in a 4-rm HDB and drives a normal car. I had been full-time employed for the past 7 years, last drawing $45K/annum in IT (without Degree) which I have quit.

I co-own the HDB, but let's just ignore the HDB and my miserable $30K CPF-OA. I do not have much debts. My current net worth should be about $300K excluding the HDB and CPF.

With stable income of about $30K/month with little work to do, I am at a loss. I am too free everyday and I don't feel like I have much goals now that I have met mine and am contented. I am not very keen in nice cars but I do want to get a landed property (in the next property slum), but then I declare too little for a bank to loan me the money. I yearn to own a yacht but I am not THERE yet.

I have thoughts of getting a job overseas (e.g. US, Taiwan) to get a life experience with working overseas, doing something I like without minding the salary, but being a 26-year-old Asian without a Degree probably isn't an attractive choice to employers.

Successful ones, please share with me how you would carry on with my life from here if you were me.

PS: I'm doing my part-time direct Masters course already, in case you wonder why do I not spend the time and money to obtain one.

Last edited by twentysix; 31-07-2010 at 08:11 AM.