Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Any web designers / developers here? Have some salary questions
View Single Post
Old 17-05-2015, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

It should be possible. I worked for less than a year drawing 2.4k in an mnc doing in house design for their website and print materials, other than PS and Ai I also needed to know how to do simple coding in html5 and css3 on dreamweaver. i made a switch to a web design agency and am drawing 2.8k basic salary now, job scope is less complex and doesn't require coding anymore. I basically just pass the front end developers my psd and slice for them and work closely to tell them what functions I want (eg responsive or static, etc) and they will code accordingly.

Btw I'm a sim rmit grad with a pass degree in marketing and less than one year experience in total. Previously I went for an interview in an mnc for a similar role and was offered 3k, with room for growth in marketing. Rejected because it's too far and traveling would take more than 2 hours. You can perhaps try finding those jobs that handle both marketing and design, I think those are better paid as they come with heavier responsibilities. I guess as pure designer there is only so far you can go.