Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 09:12 AM

infernolord is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi infernolord or anyone who like to advise,
Recall that you said you didn't have a good relationship with yr ex boss.
When you were looking for a job, did the recruiter or yr current co ask for referrals?
How did you deal with it?
That was a very good qns!!! In fact i faced a difficult time looking for a job because i was too "honest" for the 4mths of job search. Some hiring managers even told me off the fact that he don't like quitter who quit without a job or dubious over why i quit without job. (typical SG thinking!!)

I give alot of thoughts before l left my previous job. I have to pretend and give in to my lousy boss to get a referral letter to safe guard myself before i leave. My exboss bad mouthed one of my ex colleague once, she didnt find a job till date cos bad records in most headhunters firm.

Anyway in conclusion, think of a personal reasons for leaving your job. Dont be too honest, sg cant take it. A white lie better than you jobless. Example, quit your job because of health reasons, or taking care of parents etc.
Bad examples that bosses will feel suspicious of you are "conflict with bosses, job not fit and even company restructuring.. "