Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 27-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Verified Member

rampa001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknite View Post
i finished my NS when i was roughly about 22 years old, went into a engineering job in a small engineering company, about 80 staff, the starting pay was 1.5k for my diploma, after working for 2 years, my basic is 1.9k, gross take home pay is about 2.2k-2.3k with some OT..

finally i decided to change job, and went into banking line, was 24 years old, and i manage to earn 105k for my 1st year on job.. my lifestyle kinda totally change, i do buy a bit of branded stuffs, and now i dont have to worry if i can afford to buy a flat with my wife next time.. and stuffs like that.
WOW !!! don't mind sharing which type of banking role you do....judging by that kinda pay rise should be sales....any ways for all passionate engineers out there all this talk applies only if ur a big time comparer ....as in you compare ur self with people you know and try to reach higher all the time..... let me tell you there will be no end to it...... If engineering is your true passion by all means go for it.....but be willing to be humble and don't comapre ur self with ur finance sector peers who like to go club,tours,country clubs & what not....

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app