Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

I've been reading up all these for quite some time, well, 7 months to be exact. Like some of you, I HAD been jobless for quite some time as well after my last employer moved their operations out of Singapore. I didn't want to drop my salary expectation too low for 3 reasons. 1, employers base new salaries on last drawn. 2, with new drawn salary which is too low, it will take years, possibly never to get back my last drawn. 3, if all my future salaries are to be based on new low salary, I will have -ive every month (have family, a dad, bills to pay).

Long story short, I only checked jobstreet and jobsdb for jobs. Turned in hundreds, if not thousand of applications but no reply. Eventually found a job site which sort of lists even jobs from employers websites and from some small unknown jobsites. Found a job through one of the employers' websites. I think probably because not much competition as they didn't publish on those popular jobsites. So if bros and sis here want to give it a try, it is ://.rollingeggs.com

Hope you guys can end your bad luck as I did.