Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career options as an Accountant in Healthcare (Hospital)
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have been looking around for an expanded job scope in the another industry. My concern is staying in the non-profit organization might put me at a bad spot and hindering me from
Moving across other industries. However, the search is long and never ending. Most of the interviews were largely unsuccessful, though I thought I might do well because I made it to the last stage of the selection process. Well, I am experienced to know that it's largely a hit and miss. At the same time, I have been asking to do more at my current job. Taking more large scale inter-department projects. Constantly, I have been thinking how can I sell myself with what accomplishments in the projects I have done. The road is long and winding.
Unfortunately that is the way it is. The situation is further compounded by your lack of experience in the private sector as well as your age. Be patient and move slowly, fact of life is many aspire to greater things but few accomplish them in the end.

I think you are at least better off than a lot of your financial peers of the same age in the FI/Banking back officeside. Many I know are still clinging on to their jobs despite the low pay and horrendous hours simply because they still dream of making it into the investment / private banking front office.