Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career options as an Accountant in Healthcare (Hospital)
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowie89 View Post
Currently, I am an accountant in finance department in a hospital. The job scopes are mostly focused around cost control, budgeting, clinical service costing. I will be completing my CPA (Aus) by 2015 end. Currently, i am looking forward to upgrade myself further in terms of skill sets. So hopefully, i can seek some advice who could be in the same position as me. Well, my main aim is to move to a more profit-driven industry (any) to pursue a FP and A role.

From my observations, Lacking experience in Audit and Financial Accounting background seems to limit my career progression and put me at disadvantage. Is that even true at all ?

Is there any skills which i could pick up that makes my application more appealing at all ? Like Learning VBA for Automation in excel spreadsheets ? M Sad Case though. Any advice would be welcomed. Many thanks

Many fake adviser and Asxhole here will tell you "if you work hard", then you make it... bla bla bla, all the coc stories.

Reality is true, you get stagnant if you never went BIG 4. Worse, most of the time, leadership of a company will hire ex-auditor from outside rather than promote from within, if your boss empty his seat.

You need a lot of luck.

1) Try getting into BIG 4 after CPA.

2) Else try sales and marketing.

3) I got a ex-auditor friend who go take a law degree JD and earn a lot of monies now, but he is exception.

4) Try getting into a bank as analyst or take CFA and try again