Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Investment Banker Making 500k pa Gives Excellent Advice
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Salary.sg

Default Investment Banker Making 500k pa Gives Excellent Advice

I have previously said that investment banking is a very lucrative career option for able students (see post).

What if you are already working, but in the wrong line, and want a mid-career switch into i-bankng? Read on.

Yes, there are some very smart and very capable people who think they got into the wrong industry. They are overworked, underpaid, don't enjoy what they are doing, and dying to get into a better place (e.g. investment banking) where they'll at least be paid extremely well for the hard work they put in.

For these people, here's some very good advice from a Salary.sg reader called James:
Quote:
"I made $500-600K/year in investment banking. Senior guys make even more than that, more than US$1mil/year during good years... Forget about headhunting firms if you don’t have experience in investment banking. For mid-tier switch, it is easier to get into equity research... I suspect that 2008 will be tough... Nothing is easy, I took almost 1 year before I found my job and having some luck is crucial."
Read James' full story and advice in a comment he posted here. Thanks, James!

http://www.salary.sg/2008/investment...ellent-advice/