Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Constituency Manager (People Association)
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It depends ultimately you like the job scope a not. Does 'increasing' by 200 makes you like the work more? CC, RC, NC, volunteers, bosses, subordinates, citizens, suppliers, contractors etc all contacting you, almost everyday....

And when you officially join, you are considered a 'public' figure already. A lot of people will recognize you in the zone. A 'lousy' example: Maybe you cannot be seen drinking, parking illegally, cannot anyhow make comments online or anywhere etc......all these things will be magnified a lot more compared to 'non-public' people.

And are you married? have gf?

A lot of factors you must consider. Only you can make the judgement.....

and why the last CM quit like that?
I am attached and planning to marry my gf in 2 years time when my bto flats should be ready by that time.
I do not drink and smoke, and do not own a car.

I think the perks is that my workplace is just 10 mins walk from my house. I can save on the transport costs and the time wasted in travelling.

But I am more concerned about the work load and working hours? Considering one of the question asked by the interviewers was " Are you prepared to work long hours or at irregular time?". Without hesitation, I blatantly lied to them about my commitment and bragged about my passion about serving the residents.

Is work-life balance possible with this job?