Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good for you. I think there is a point of diminishing returns once you crossed about $6m - $8m net worth. I mean you could and probably had acquired most of the things you want in life. Earning and adding more money to your net worth would not give you the same quantum in terms of satisfaction and achievement.

With $6m - $8m networth, and if well invested, you could easily achieve $300k pa or more in passive income. Thus working is optional, and you choose to work only because you feel working completes you.

I am very far from reaching that stage, and not yet able to appreciate what's it like to be able to say "I will retire". Our passive income of $150k pa just about cover our annual expense. To double it to $300k pa is like having to slog another lifetime.

It is immaterial whether you earn 150k or 500k a year. If you want to enjoy a meaningful retirement, plan it properly.

If you have middle income, should work hard to achieve middle class retirement lifestyle.
Planning and sufficient preparation should enable you to have a retired lifestyle not less than what you enjoy prior to your retirement.

To have millions definitely help, but to have lesser amount does not make you inferior.
Just have saving up to 120 months equivalent of last drawn salary, plus your CPF Life, plus mortgage-free HDB flat, you should be enjoying middle class retired lifestyle and driving a Japanese car.... No problem..........