Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Department of Statistics
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
And there are many Masters degree holders who are jobless and cannot even get a job because they are deemed as "overqualified". In general only public sector pays more for a good degree and masters, if you want to compare like that well I guess you can say compared to other academically inclined ppl, you are average in the gov sector.

But in the private sector most MNCs do not pay aything extra for good degree or masters, so in that sense there is nothing wrong in comparing with other normal degree or masters holders esp when you are in the private MNC. By that yardstick you are already above average.

It is all a perspective of glass is half full or half empty. Since you are already stuck in the pte sector MNC, might as well see it positively than keep comparing to the public sector that pays extra for good academics. You just end up making yourself dissatisfied everyday.

I was a FCH as well and my pte sector starting pay was way below other FCH holders who joined a ministry anyway, but I never compare like that and see it that way because I knew I was more suited for MNCsculture and wanted to achieve higher potential in the long run instead of getting stuck in some Director/DyDirector CEP as a non-scholar.
Good luck for your climb in the corporate world. I joined MNCs because I wanted to climb higher too and not be limited by the hierarchy of scholars. But after 8 years of grinding,I realized this " the grass is greener in private world" but it is definitely harder to cut".