Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2015, 07:05 AM
Unregistered

Given the woes in the global oil market and the rig industry, you dad is lucky to still have a job. I think his degree may be worth less than our local Spore uni. So, best you stop complaining and appreciate what your family have. Work hard and get into the local Spore uni. Our local uni (NUS, NTU) are among the top in Asia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Reading this thread I honestly dont know what to feel. People here are making so much money in a such a short span of time. My dad has worked in the petrochemical industry for about more than 20 years. He sort of designs and builds oil refineries in Jurong Island for a living. He earned 130k last year with bonus and TONS of overtime. He basically runs the whole show in the refinery he is in even though he is not at the top. I would say we are living comfortably, 5 room flat, car and he can even afford to send us to a cushy independent school (RI,ACSI).
Yes he was from India, yes his degree was from an Indian University but I dont understand why he is paid this little, if I ASSUME what is in this thread in true. I think he is getting ripped off for all the hard work he puts in. (He goes to work at 7 and comes back only at 8). Gosh his boss even had the goddamn guts to tell him if his skin was white he would be earning 5 times as much as he was now. I honestly feel like crap for my dad now.

FYI: He was born a singaporean citizen but my grandfather decided it would be best to let my father and uncle study in India staying with my grandma while he worked in singapore, since he couldnt afford it.