Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much savings do you have?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

I dont want to say this, and I know it sounds mean, but you forced my hand by repeating this nonsense

People who cannot make it (or worse, are lazy) usually comfort themselves by saying that money doesnt buy happiness and that they are not slave to their jobs etc..

The hard truth is that they ended up being slaves to those who earned more than them and working harder! And because they cannot save enough, they will have to work even longer, while their bosses would have retired long before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Shallow mind.

Richness is not about material things. Wealth and material possession makes you look rich on the outside. True richness is what is in your heart.

Many rich people are not happy because they have lost their soul.

True richness is to be contented with what you have and having free time to decide on what you want to do with your time. Time is a priceless gift, once gone is gone forever. If you are already rich by most standards but still force yourself to be a slave to a boss just so that you can earn more, then you are not truly rich as you trade your precious time for that extra dollar which probably you don't need.

A truly intelligent person will know when to stop being a money slave. A fool is one who work so hard for material wealth beyond his needs not knowing the true meaning of life.