Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes. The process will be super fast if you have good credentials e.g. Ivy League or 1st Class. The general pool can take up to 1-2 months.

For me, I did the psychometric test way before. When I applied, I was called for the first interview at MHRD within a week upon application. Immediately after the interview, the hiring manager called and arranged for a site preview in the 2nd week. Received a verbal offer 2 days after from MHRD and concurrently scheduled for a medical review.

The process could be as fast as 2 weeks from the initial interview (excludes psychometric test) to the verbal offer, depending on your credentials and the urgency for that position.
A real nut-crack, who goes one round to identify oneself as an IVY League or 1st class candidate.

I resigned and went back to mindef, applied twice and IT IS NOT ABOUT WHO YOU ARE but what you are. Pass degree btw, i got notified both times within 2weeks, i seriously dont think credentials make a difference.

SAF personnels are not eltists, they are down to earth people like u and I, pls ignore this joker and wait patiently, sometimes due to an overwhelming response and conflicting schedule, they cannot get back to u as fast as they shld. My commander is interviewing candidates but because he is very busy, we haven't been able to interview pple. Just to note: whether you are a straight As student or not doesnt matter, ultimately is how u present urself during the interview.

I have seen academic smart pple who have no people skills, saf is a people oriented place fyi. Dont be like a fool, go in act smart and think you are that good. Sometimes we need a bit of old fashion...