Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - payscheme of GLCs
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks alot for your comments. Hmm it sounds pretty dreary for non-medical and non-frontline staff. And it would seem that backend role really is just an administration mill. How is the culture and turnover like? Last thing I want would be to be enticed by increment at the expense of my future prospects.
Well, I have to clarify I'm not from HR so what I say is base on observation of my own department and also my interaction with the ladies from HR during work.

In general, culture is pretty slow paced and bureaucratic, not much out of the box thinking or solutions generating, most of it is follow SOP follow the policy and troubleshoot when got problems.

The people there are quite nice, but definitely not the smart type who really know a lot about their profession or can front big business stakeholders. So if you want some stability with pleasant colleagues then its a good place, but if you want to build up professional network or get promotions or career development, that's not the place to be.

Colleagues who have left always try to get themselves into a good well known MNC only to not even make it to 1st round and end up in some other GLC or public sector, so if your intention is to be some HRBP in a big MNC like google or oracle then this place is a no no.

But for HR if you need to deal extensively with doctors and head nurses, must be prepared for some rude and unreasonable demands from them. They can be a bit marvericky or quirky and tend to blast you on the spot if they are not happy. For me I dont really care as my boss is influential and I know they cant do anything to me.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app