Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 31-03-2015, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

There are two ways you can check where you stand in terms of your income and abode.

One is to compare your income among your peers (in your age group). At 50/52, your combined $180k pa puts you just above the average household income for the age group.

The other way is to compare with those staying in condos since you are a condo dweller. According to last year's household survey, average condo household monthly income is $19,000 or $228k pa. So your household income of $180k pa puts below the average of condo dwellers.

For further comparison, the average household income for landed property dwellers is $23k per month or $276k pa.

I am staying in a condo, and I think the data is probably quite reflective of the real situation judging from the number of families owning 2 cars in my condo. There are many conti cars among them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's not about self confidence. Just curious where we stand, whether we are average or below average among those in the same age group. Currently there is no such data on household net worth by age.