Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed (Business Analytics)
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 02:56 PM

Loler is on a distinguished road
Default Advice needed (Business Analytics)

Hi all,

I am currently in a dilemma whether to take up the new Business Analytics course (NUS's SoC) as I feel that it seems like a promising degree with the hype on big data and its versatility in various industries (Finance, IT, healthcare etc). However, I am afraid that the hype on big data is short term and would eventually die down.

Or should I take the safer option and enrol in Business (NTU, NBS) and choose my specialization on Business Analytics on my 2nd year? A business degree from NBS sounds like a safer bet as compared to the relatively new Business Analytics course at NUS. However, NUS’s BA modules has more computing modules which should better prepare me for a job working with large data. The 2 routes have their cons and pros which puts me in a dilemma on what to choose.

There’s a last (and safest IMO) option which is to take up Aerospace Engineering at NTU. Aerospace engineering is my interest but I am afraid the career as an Engineer is rather dull...

The majority of people in the forums seems to be working adults with lots of experiences in different industries. Hope that someone can provide me with valuable advice and thanks in advance!