Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - investment and directions
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 06:21 AM

supermic is on a distinguished road
Default investment and directions

Hello, I am 27m, working in an internet marketing company. My salary is 3k monthly. (Low I know )However bonus ( in my opinion) makes my salary competitive as I receive about 21 months bonus.(not 12+9, its 12+ 21) My company reported 100k for my income tax for ya2015.

I am facing 2 situation right now.
1) Considering to enter another industry.
This job is crazily tiringly. As the clients are mostly based on US, I have to be up during US timing to communicate with the clients. The good side about the job is it is flexible during the day time. I can work at home as long as i complete the weekly task/target set by the boss. However, I am not sure if this job has long term security. I dont want to be in a situation 10 years later where what i am learning now is useless in the industry.

2) I got a small sum of money which I like to invest with.
About 180k cash. I have no car, no house. no wife, no kid. Have a gf who has no income. (Dont ask why). If she works, she only can apply for those under 1.5k jobs as she is not highly educated. ( didnt complete sec sch)

I read the forums and found several options:
1) invest in stocks. I have zero knowledge on it.
2) buy a property and rent out. I have almost enough cash to downpay an old condo ranging 800-900k. I spoke to a banker, and they say 50-50% chance I might be approved for the loan.
3) go the safe path into FD as this is not a big amount.

Options please. Thank you very much