Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - career options: OCBC or MTI
View Single Post
Old 24-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Sttea

I believe you should know civil service well enough as so much info online. But just want to point out that I notice that some people have the mistaken impression that OCBC Young Bankers Program is a MAP, a.k.a management fast track.

Recruitment sales materials from OCBC imply that without explicitly saying it. Base on what I hear in the market, this is not true both in terms of pay and career progression. It is more of a stuctured program for the hiring of junior execs in the sense that they have the rotation and curriculum more planned out for a specific stream then going into a bank as a normal fresh hire which tends to be more uncertain and fluid (there are pros & cons for both avenues)

But in terms of pay and promotion prospect, it is not much different from an average degree guy that joins a bank as an Analyst or Associate. So just set your expectations accordingly, banks usually pays higher than average but expects much longer hours. But don't go in with the expectation that this is a special program that is going to bring you big bucks or make you a senior manager soon.