Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 23-02-2015, 09:43 PM

nilnuk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a similar portfolio. Started work 5 months after graduation, thus less than 5.5 years of working experience. Grad from NTU w/o honours. Started in consultancy firm with starting pay of $2,300.

Do you consider adopting energy manager path? There are quite a number of facility management job openings, developer job openings and contractor job openings require energy manager qualifications and able to offer decent pay around $5k.
Yo bro,
i think your consultancy might be the mickey mouse type like mine previously(squire mech or JRP perhaps)
I have gotten SCEM and is the registered energy manager of my company's 3 plants implementing energy saving initiatives and energy improvement programme. However, it is seen as an addition to my current job scope and there is no additional increment to my salary.

I have checked out some companies, they include energy management as part of maintenance engineer duties.

I am still looking for a decent salary job and maybe try to earn a PE license in the future.

People like us without honours degree have to slog it out and hope God/Buddha to be merciful and guide our fate.

I hear safety pays well. My colleague one year older than me has double my pay.