Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Mid career crisis
View Single Post
Old 23-02-2015, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernolord View Post
Not sure if I in this situation but I do feel abit depressed.

I was working in a reputable asset management firm for 7 years as a investment assistant before I moved to another asset management for about 2 years.

I was asked to leave last year and was given 2 month compensation. Yes, I have been jobless for more than 6 months since last Jun.

It took me so long to find a job. Only recently I landed myself in a small korea AM firm. I have almost 10 years of experiences but I feel that I still do not have the expertises in my line. I am early 30s and my recent job is 7k and there is no bonus.

Feeling abit loss. After reading this forum, I see people with 5 yrs exp earning 10k with confidence in their job.

Is there anyone facing the same situation as me?
Hi, just take the posts on this forum lightly. Many of them may not be true. Even if it's true, those who post are usually the ones who are proud of their achievements (and therefore, the salary will be skewed towards the high side). For each successful one, there are many others who are not doing well.

7k at early 30s is actually good - you're definitely doing better than your peers at your age. The reason why you may feel dissatisfied is because you're probably comparing your salary to the industry standards in the investments industry.

Your current job as a junior fund manager is good. Just learn as you go, develop the necessary skills, and progress from there. You're still young, and you're actually doing well - just that you may not realise it.

Don't be too hard on yourself. All the best.