Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed: Public or Private sector for Fresh Grad?
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2015, 12:10 PM

clouds is on a distinguished road
Smile Advice needed: Public or Private sector for Fresh Grad?

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum. Just wanted to seek some advice from the experienced people here. As some background about myself, I am female, local, a fresh grad, graduating in May this year, from NUS FASS, expected second upper/ first class honours. I have started to job hunt and has been contemplating whether to join the public or private sector for quite some time. I see that there are pros and cons for both, e.g. for private sector, it may be more volatile, but mobility is higher like if i decide to leave the company, it may be easier for me to join another company with the skills i learnt. In public sector, more stable, perhaps bonuses and pay could be higher (??), but it is difficult to leave, & skills would not be as transferable.

Interests wise, i am open to anything. Plus our FASS degree is rather general so i am really fine with anything (except banking sectors, that's really not my thing). Pay wise, of course a higher pay would be better that's why i was gravitating towards public sector, but i am also concerned that i would be tied down and would not be able to leave if i want to do that few years down the road.

Any advice or just your thoughts, or your experiences would really be greatly greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading and Happy CNY!

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Last edited by clouds; 16-02-2015 at 12:14 PM.