Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No there is no such thing as having no money to hire FCH. Think logically please - what is the difference in salary between a FCH and someone who is 2nd upper? No difference or 100 - 300 difference in basic only. You're telling me they can't afford that difference of few hundred?

It's either they have headcount freeze entirely, and therefore need to justify very hard to hire new staff. That being said, there could be better candidates than you, hence you're not shortlisted. Civil service looks at your academic history, from Secondary all the way to University. Perhaps those shortlisted had a far more outstanding Secondary - JC results (including CCAs) than you. Pedigree stock in short.
I don't think headcount is an issue. If not, they wouldn't have put up the job ad with multiple vacancies.

I find it ridiculous if so much emphasis is placed on sec school to jc performance. As I have mentioned, the role requires technical knowledge which are not even taught at jc level.

Not saying I dont believe you. Just find it ridiculous if those are indeed the criterias that the hr(or whoever) looks at so heavily (enough to ignore tertiary education which formally teaches the subject).

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app