Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I know are you a 2nd upper/1st class honours grad?
Are you still working in A*Star after you grad? if not Private sector or government sector?
You grad in which year?
Which industry are you in as an engineer?

I find it very curious how you manage to get a pay of $4300 after 1.5 years of exp from fresh grad?

I was also an engineer grad from ntu 2nd lower, after 2 year 8mth in the same company, my basic is still less than $3200.

Can you tell how u get to $4300 basic in 1.5 years
I am a 2nd upper mech engine grad from NTU. Graduated 2 years back, slack for 0.5 years. So that's why my working experience is only 1.5 years. My basic was $3.4k straight after I graduated. I am in the private sector not govt.

In the oil and gas industry, business is very fast paced and the clients are very demanding and I see this as a good thing. This allows you to showcase your talents. I worked extremely hard for 1 year in a MNC this industry and when my boss left for another company, he brought me along with him, of course with a nice pay increase, since I sacrificed my annual bonus to join him.

Oh just to put this into perspective, my boss is not my dad or a rich relative and I wasn't born with a silver spoon. I am just an ordinary humble engineer running the rat race.

Which industry are you in Unregistered?