Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well done. You must have been a corporate high flyer to be where you are. It is very rare for people to amass enough wealth and capital to be able to generate good income from them. It is good to break away from being at the beck and call of other people.

You are my role model despite being much younger. I am also working towards financial independence. My passive income is now $68k pa, I need to be able to generate a passive income of $100k pa for my wife and I to be financially independent. We are in our early 50s.
Our condo home and car are paid up too and now we are building up our investment portfolio.
Thanks for your kind words. I worked very hard, day and night, even neglecting my wife and kids at times. After the death of someone close to me, it made me realize that life is short. I decided to quit my job and promised to myself to devote my life to my religion, wife and kids. I'm very happy now, much happier than during the days of earning big money. Money cannot buy happiness, you don't need so much. My kids told me that all the money in this world would not mean anything if they don't have me to be with them. That made me cry. Imagine a grown up macho man crying. Now I make money as well as have lots of bonding time with my wife and kids. I'm so happy now.

Your day will come. Just continue to save and invest. One day you will be there. All the best to you.