Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career Prospects for ACCA
View Single Post
Old 15-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Unregistered

Default madame year

Sorry some spelling errors. had to rush this when the boss came in. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i think i might be qualified to answer this question. I graduated with an electrical engineering degree from NUS. Completed my acca this year and a paper prize in one of my last sem papers.

big 4 is a possibility, but u will have to take a pay cut. for me the cut is way too painful. you will need to figure out the hiring practices of the big 4 if you want to get it or must have done very well for them to take notice of your resume.

after graduating this year acca organized a kpmg-acca recruitment fair recently but there is only limited to the top 50 or so students.

beside audit u could consider other job functions in the big four to leverage your engineering experience, though i am not sure where your transferable skillsets are. big 4 have advisory services and this is where the margins for the firms are the best. audits and IT audits are lower in margins for them. you should explore this area too if you want to do your acca.

there are three products on the market now. cpa aust, acca and aca. acca offers and most flexibility and cheapest. It cost me abt 10k+ to get the qualification.

One other option is the mpa from SMU. I dont have details of this but it will be wise to pick a program where the big 4 are holding regular recruitment fairs.