Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Help in career path (low expectations)
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2015, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Find your strength. I was from a prestigious engineering course before, I studied hard, but still did badly all the way. I thought to myself, what was the point of studying so hard for something that I clearly have no passion and interest in. At the end of the day, I didnt want a high-paced job in the private aerospace industry, I wanted to have an 8-5 job in the public sector. So I switch over to humanities in my second year and it was the best decision I ever made. I graduated with a first class with barely any studying. Even studying didnt feel like studying because I was so genuinely interested in what I was learning and I was so strong in it, probably due to my keen interest, that scoring As was really a breeze.

So there, find what it is you're really interested in and just do it man. Thing is, there is no 'easy' course in university. Difficulty level is dependent on your interest and passion in said subject. And if you find a course you are keen in, you will definitely do well. At least well enough to get a decent paying job.
Like threadstarter I am also looking for a public sector 8-5 stable job. Are you in an 8-5 job now? And if you don't mind sharing...which ministry/sb and in what function?