Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Help in career path (low expectations)
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2015, 12:23 AM

1234567 is on a distinguished road
Default Help in career path (low expectations)

Hi I am currently waiting to enter university after serving NS for 2 years. I currently have a place in NUS Chemical Engineering but recently have doubts about the course and career path that I am in.

Looking through this forum, I see many fellow Singaporeans who are working hard to achieve their high expectations and get top salaries by comparing with one another (i guess that's the whole point of this forum).

Unfortunately, I do not really have such great expectations for my future. What is more important to me is that I have a job which has balance and more time for myself and my loved ones. I do not plan on having a car or living in a condominium like some of us do. I would be happy to find a job with starting pay of 2k as a fresh graduate as that would be enough for my own expenses.

I'm afraid that chemical engineering would be too competitive and stressful, making me forget myself and more importantly, my religion. Hence, which career path would be more suitable for me?

Tl;dr Ok I admit I'm just too lazy to study hard anymore. What should I do to just continue to live an average or below average life without having to work too hard to impress others?