Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Verified Member

Puff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i see... so disruptive, was rushing for deadlines but still have to keep going for those meetings/presentations
Generally the higher you go, the more meetings you have to attend, both internally and externally. On top of all that, you will also have additional meetings should you be in certain committees or task-force groups. That is why it is a misconception that civil servants have an easy life, one that starts at 9am and ends by 6pm. I can say probably only lower div officers can have that kind of life.

The more senior ones (DDs and above) attend meetings all day long, and can only start clearing their work after their meetings ended. The junior ones (entry level to ADs + some DDs) will have work to do all day (e.g. preparing papers, presentations, or prep notes for their bosses for the meetings etc.). Depending on their roles and responsibilities, they too have to work all day and night. These are the people that deals with policy issues usually.

But I digress. Yes presentation is part and parcel of those in the public sector. People usually "fight" to present, as that is one of the better opportunities to be known by those who matters. Putting a face to the name.