Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2015, 08:27 AM
Verified Member

Puff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, I am a NTU second upper degree holder major in comm studies, around 1 year plus of working exp so far, but probably not relevant to civil service jobs.

I am turning 27 this year, with ns. My main aim of joining civil service is to have stability and work-life balance...read: monday to friday, working hours standard 8-530 or 6... I'm ok with doing overtime during busy periods/events but it should not be a common thing. And I definitely don't want shift work or weekend burning jobs.

Which ministries/sbs have this kind of working culture? Not very fussy about pay as I understand I will probably be treated like a fresh grad.

Thanks.
Well as far as I know, you should avoid economic agencies then. Cause these are the ones that are usually busier than others. Look for MSF, MCY and the agencies under them.

But considering that you're a mass comms graduate, you will most probably be looking for corp comms related jobs. From what I've seen, corp comms people have busier schedule due to the nature of their job. Else look for jobs in corporate function (e.g. Corporate Services, HR, Finance etc).