Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - DSTA (under Mindef)
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Default Enquiry about working in DSTA

Hi,

I am a fresh graduate from local uni with second upper degree (Business). I was invited for an interview with DSTA soon. I didn't expect to be shortlisted, but well, I was. Strangely, but now, I am having second thoughts about working in DSTA.

I am concern with:
1) Whether if the experience/ skills I learn in DSTA (if I able to secure the job) could be of transferable and recognize by private employers if I decided to switch jobs after 2 to 5 years.

2) Is DSTA starting salary for fresh graduate consider very high when compared across market rate, even compared to the private sector?

3) Do you think if I planned to continue to stay in DSTA for a long time, would my salary be similar (or a bit higher) than my peers in private sector who switch jobs to get higher pay?

As I am the oldest siblings (and even among my cousins), I really do not have any one to consult to and ask for opinions about working life, or even working in a public sector. Thankfully I manage to find this forum and would like to ask you guys about this. I hope that you guys, especially those who are working in DSTA or have worked in DSTA before, to provide me on your insights in this.

Your opinions matters to me a lot, and will definitely shape my starting path for my career.

Thank you very much.