Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Heard from friends staying in condos that the overall conservancy cost is actually lower than the cost for staying in HDB.

Can anyone help to clarify:

Condo vs HDB 5 room / exec flat:

Condo - conservancy $330 per month (include up to 2 car park lots)

5rm / exec flat - $75 - $88.50 per month
1st car (covered lot) - $90 per month
2nd car (ballot / covered lot) -- $140 - $160 per month

Total for HDB household with 2 cars - $305 - $338.5

It is definitely better to stay in condo in the case of family with 2 cars, some more got all the facilities thrown in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Condos and EC living is very different from living in HDB. It is one big reason why many people aspire to live condo/EC.

I upgraded to condo living at 48 yo, and quickly found out what I was missing all the years that I was staying in HDB. I thought my life was already good while staying in an exec flat. Staying in a condo brings up our quality of life to another level altogether. My children used to ask us to bring them out for swimming, or to let go to their friends' condo for swimming, etc.. Now their friends come over for swimming and barbecue. As we play tennis regularly we used to go where the public tennis courts are available. It was inconvenient to book, and there was no guarantee we could secure a court every week. What's worse was the unpredictable weather. But now, we play every week in the comfort of our condo. When it rains, there's no pain.

The other privilege is the car park. Unlike HDB, where the car park is quite a walk away, the condo car park is right below our unit. Some more we can have 2 car park lots. I remembered for HDB, we had to ballot every month for our 2nd car, and the lot given was a few blocks away. So inconvenient and troublesome.

It is just so wonderful staying in a condo. That's why I also worry when I retire, can I accept downgrading to HDB.