Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Salary for Assistant Admin
View Single Post
Old 29-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannee View Post
Hi

Thank you so much for your reply.

I am currently holding a sales and marketing diploma cert.
I am interest in going into marketing field. however, i have no idea what is it all about. My bosses willing to let me hands on only if i know what I want to participant in.

My company is selling big machinery equipment which i don't know anything about it so I am thinking of maybe i can try coordinating seminar, event or exhibition but i totally have no idea on what is the list nor the job scope for this.

can you have me with this ?
Hi Joanne, I am the same person that replied your initial post.

Sorry to say but to do marketing you will need a much stronger command of the English language to be able to succeed. If that is not your strong point I don't suggest going down that road as you will only be able to progress 3-5 years down before you hit a block.

That leaves only the sales portion. You either have sales "flair" or you don't. If you do, then good. If you don't.... then I would suggest branching out to a Sales Support or a Customer Relations role.
Sales Support is a pre-sales role, meaning you help your Sales do the research, advise them market conditions, competitors, current contracts etc etc. This will help them close the sale.
Customer Relations is a post-sales role, meaning AFTER your Sales has closed the deal and money is already earned by your company, your role is to service the customer in ensuring that their standards requested during the deal which Sales promised are upkept, ensuring that once they need to buy again, your Sales won't need to do anything as your ability to keep the Customer happy after sales ensures that they will buy again from your company.

I would suggest that you ask your family members and those close to you to suggest which you would fit better as each person is not going to be as critical and honest about their own ability than our close loved ones (not friends who will always sing a nice song).

Identify what you will be good at and stick to it and you will progress somewhere. No point wishing you were a top saleswoman, or legal eagle, or famous plastic surgeon, if you have no capability.

Better to be a BIG FISH in a small tank with small fishes than a small fish in a BIG TANK with BIG FISHES.