Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advise Needed for Bioengineering grad
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

Default NTU Bioengineering

Hi,

I am also a Bioengineering graduate from NTU. I sympathize with you, it's difficult to find a job as a Bioengineering grad as we are only partly qualified in everything.

My advise is to pursue another qualification that will help you to do a job that you like. If you like research, take a Master in Engineering in the specific area of BIE that you like to work on (e.g. Master in Mechanical Engineering if you like to do Biomechanics, or Master in Electrical Engineering if you like Bioinstrumentation, etc). If you like to do finance sector, a lot of my classmates took MBA or Master in Financial Engineering and it works pretty well for them.

If the idea to be a doctor appeals to you, applying to Duke-NUS is not a bad option. For now, the salary is $2600 + housing allowance ($800+) for the first year after graduation (equivalent to House Officer's pay), but it quickly jumps to $3600 in the second year after graduation (equivalent to Medical Officer's pay), and will rise again in third year. I think it's not so bad...

All the best for you!

Kind regards.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app