Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 27-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Fresh Entry Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Still hard to believe. Is it possible? Sure, there will be outstanding people in every field. What makes it even harder to believe is that the person is in Private Wealth Management. Everyone knows that the best and brightest usually goes to Trading.

The revenue generated by a top Private Wealth operation is a pittance compared to trading which is why you never see the very top banks doing this, at least not the ones in the States. I mean have you heard the concept of a top private banker in GS, or Morgan Stanley?

It's simple, if something is lucrative you can bet the bankers will pile into that area. My guess is there must be some extenuating circumstances behind the hire. Forget about the talent part, even in the States there are lots of people who get into banking because of family connections not talent, just ask the WASP who go to Eton.
Yes, even to myself when I heard, I thought it's unbelievable, considering I was paid 700 per month as an intern in a stat board. However, she has no reasons to lie, has she?

Also, amazingly, I thought IB would be more lucrative than PB/PWM, and I still believe so. However, that internship opportunity of hers was simply extremely exclusive.

By the way, it's an internship with , in fact, one of the American Bulge Bracket Banks (GS or MS or BOAML or JPMorgan or Citi)...

Ok, I'm off this forum. I'm just offering my truthful statement that such opportunities exist, however unbelievable it may seem.

I'm still happily enjoying my job as fresh-entry Analyst, at the age of 22. Cheers to All.