Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - working in EDB(procurement)
View Single Post
Old 19-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The working style in EDB is still very fast paced. You see people working until the wee hours of the morning or even overnight. In extreme cases, falling sick from over-work is not uncommon as datelines tight and workload is really heavy.

- as a gauge, for my first 4 months I worked every single weekend just trying to clear work off my plate.

As for the pay, I would consider the quantum to be quite high (3-4k for fresh grad, with 3-7 month bonus depending on your performance), but given the hours you put in you can get better at banks/consultancies.

It's a good place to gain experience, and if you're very driven there are opportunities for you to climb the ladder even if you're not a scholar. Good officers are also groomed very deliberately, with supporting bosses. But you have to be very determined and willing to compete with a lot of highly capable colleagues as well.

I wish you the best of luck in your application, and I hope this review was helpful to you.

Cheers,
-current employee
Hello,

May I know if the 3-7 months quoted already factors in the mid-year and NPAA bonus? Also, 3 months (all-in) is for a below-average performer or average performer?

thanks.