Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Got a job offer but a better one might be coming. Need advice.
View Single Post
Old 13-12-2014, 11:21 PM

Nik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspenx View Post
The "test assignment" thing sounds like they just made you do work for free.
Hi, tks! Actually, not really. The test assignment is only less than 2 hours, and it's common in the creative industry to put applicants to test on the spot (or by email) on their visual skills (since stuff like art can be tested easily, unlike business admin or accounting )

Quote:
What is your priority anyways? Better pay? Scope? Location? Work that matches what you have been doing? New area of work to challenge and improve yourself?
Actually, priority is more on the work that matches my education and experience. In my previous job which I left after 2 weeks, the scope of work is totally different, so I learnt my lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you still need to attend interviews in Company B, how come there is a 50-50% chance of being hired...
Because basically, if the test sent to me is accepted, it might as well be a ticket to the company.

Quote:
Looks like you are better off starting work with Company A. Do you have any bills to pay? If so, join Company A right away. Otherwise keep waiting for an offer that might never come...
No bills to pay, but I think based on how things are now, I'll ask Company A to give me 1 day to consider and by then, Company B should have made their reply. If Company B doesn't reply by then, I'll just sign and join Company A and quit when Company B replies.

In short, Company B is like a dream job come true, which is why I'm staking more energy on it.