Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Pls advise me.Should i quit?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco View Post
both are engineer role
present salary difference with new offer salary will be around 700 dollar difference. current salary 4k, new offer salary is only approx 3300. But current salary of 4k no AWS only around 2-3 mths bonus while new coy monthly is low, but will have AWS on top of bonus of around 5-7 mths depending and also OT pay. In the broader picture the new coy package will offer much more.

Im basically moving into a new industry, from construction industry to off shore oil gas industry. Responsibility will be around same i guess, managing ah neh etc. I had no family commitments as of now and don't mind the long working hours since construction industry i'm in right now is about the same. Most impt thing is i don't really see any much more future in my current field and off shore oil gas has a much greater future for the foreseeable future
how can offshore o&g pay you less than construction for the same kind of job? either the offshore company lowball you or it's for a lower position.. also what kind of offshore o&g job is this? marine? engineering? construction? do you have to go out onto platforms and vessels?

$700 is quite a lot for your monthly salary although annual package is the same. suggest you try to nego and try to settle in between.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app