Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Default Contract roles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There's a difference... but usually companies call onboarding roles as AML/KYC in general because it's part of the AML process when u onboard a new client.

AML analysts are usually your transaction monitoring/reviews guys, AML officers are usually those who provide advisory or file suspicious reports.

KYC remediation, as the name suggests, refers to redoing/refreshing KYCs... Usually there are contract roles and u will be kick out after the project ends.

KYC for corporate and private banking is very different. They types of documents required and the level of depth differs greatly. Corporates you need to identify the directors who are empowered to operate the accounts, while private banking u need to dig deeper (i.e. trust structures)... identify their source of wealth etc etc.
I'm currently trying to move out of operations and was offered a contract role in KYC remediation. As mentioned, it is a project and I will be kicked out after the project ends. I would like to ask is it possible to advance my career progression in compliance by just having this contract role as a relevant experience a few months down the road?