Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 29-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

We don't and will never really know the full reasons for his decision to move out from media corp. For one thing, he is not getting any younger. Being a comedian is tough and he can see the younger ones coming up fast. It is a good move though to step down while on top when people still have good impressions of you. Many celebrities find it hard to accept their fading popularity as they age.

Life is always about balance and it is thus also not wise to suddenly stop work and spend full time with your loved ones who may not fully appreciate all this attention. They also want their space.

And it is really hypocritical of people who have already made their fortune to say that money is not important. There are many parents out there working hard to ensure their families have comfortable lives. So do not go and trivialize and cheapen their hard work. You think, if given the choice they would not choose to spend more time with their loved ones but instead go to work?

So I say again don't be hypocritical. You know who will judge you, not us for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I just read about Gurnit resigning from his full time work to do part time work so that he can spend more time with his family. This is the best news I have read for the whole year. It shows how caring and loving Gurmit is as he has to forgo lots of money and wealth. He even sold his house and moved to a 3 bedroom condo to be debt free (good move Gurmit as landed properties are way overvalued and landed prices are moving down fast).

I respect and salute Gurmit for making the right move. We live only once in this temporary dunya and our life is short. The Hereafter is permanent. We don't want to leave this world with tons of wealth but remembered as a lousy father and the father who is not there.

I was like him but made the same moves. My family and I are now very happy and contented and we have more than enough. Happiness is not about wealth, status or fame. It is about your good relationship with your One and Only Creator and with your family and those around you.